Chili can be enjoyed on its own or with your favorite grains on the side. And don't worry if you can't finish it all, chili tastes even better after spending the night in the fridge!
View recipe in app to see recipe nutrition (find app below).
- Peel and cut your butternut squash and sweet potato. All ingredients should have a similar size and shape.
- Finely chop your chili pepper, garlic, jalapeño, onion and parsley.
- Cut and squeeze your lemon so you can use the juice later.
- Heat olive oil in a pot and add chili pepper, garlic, jalapeño and onion, cumin and paprika and fry at lower temperature for several minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a pot, add Butternut Squash and fry for 5 minutes.Finally, add Chickpeas and Sweet Potato and fry for 15 more minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes and mix.
- Add vegetables stock or water to your pot and simmer for about 25 minutes or until all vegetables are tender. Make sure to stir occasionally, so it doesn't burn. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast pumpkin seeds on a hot and dry pan for a few minutes. Then remove from pan and set aside to use as a topping later.
- Add lemon and mix, simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add Parsley and Pumpkin Seeds on top.