The key to a perfect risotto is patience. Make sure to add small amounts of stock and wait until it is all absorbed before adding more.
View recipe in app to see recipe nutrition (find app below).
- Put your dried mushrooms in a large bowl and pour boiling water over them, let soak for 20 minutes. Tip: You can use some of the water in your dish for an added umami flavor.
- Peel and cut your pumpkin. All ingredients should have a similar size and shape.
- Finely chop your bell pepper, garlic and parsley.
- Grate or slice your goat cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Bring your stock to a boil, so it is ready to be added to your rice a little later.
- Toast walnuts on a hot and dry pan for a few minutes. Then remove from pan and set aside to use as a topping later.
- Heat oil in a pan and add dried mushrooms and garlic, and fry at lower temperature for several minutes.
- Add your rice to the frying pan with Bell Pepper, Garlic and toast it for a few minutes (be careful not to burn it).
- For the most flavor: add a splash of wine or lemon juice to your rice before adding your hot stock.
- Add small batches of your stock while stirring constantly. Make sure to wait until it is fully absorbed before adding more. Stop adding stock when your rice becomes al dente.
- Heat clear oil in another pan, add Pumpkin and fry for 25 minutes.Finally, add Bell Pepper and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add your cooked pumpkin to your rice and mix.
- Mix pesto together in a bowl, then drizzle on top of your risotto.
- Add Goat Cheese, Nutritional Yeast, Parmesan Cheese, Parsley and Walnuts on top.